The mandate of IDEFOCS is to provide rehabilitation, reintegration and employment for Zogos. The IDEFOCS vision is a Liberia of well-developed, integrated, and pro-active Zogos creating positive change and the mission is seeking the well-being of Zogos through a holistic development, empowerment and employment programme.
IDEFOCS is collaborating with relevant agencies, international partners and national groups on the following objectives;
- Organize and coordinate the activities of Zogos in Liberia.
- Promote reconciliation among the citizens of Liberia based on the need to cooperate for the common good.
- Foster the development of Zogos by instilling in them a dedication to positive change and a sense of social and moral responsibility to society.
- Educate youth who are associated with violence on the danger with atrocity.
- Seek, defend and protect the rights of Zogos, particularly their rights to organize themselves and partake in decision making and policy implementation process on all issues affecting them.
IDEFOCS ascribes to the following core values as guiding principles for its operations:
- Zogos' participation in policy implementation.
- Active promotion of rights, inclusion and respect for all.
- Commitment to information sharing, honesty, transparency and accountability
- Decentralisation of activities.
IDEFOCS is member of the Federation of Liberian Youths, which is an umbrella organization coordinating youth and student activities in Liberia.
- Action10: 20,000 USD; HR&S: 10,000 USD
Donations seeked: EUR 50,000
- Core work: 10,000; travel 5,000
- Ghetto interactions. 5,000
- Trauma counseling, physical health care, drug addiction treatment 5,000
- Farming 5,000; crop value adding structures: 5,000
- Innovation centre establishement: 10,000
- Public awareness: 5,000