Scientific tools and methods
1. The scientific method and research tools.
2. Research funding.
3. Publishing scientific results and scientific communication.
4. Scientific supervision and leadership.
5. Implementation of scientific findings.
6. Entrepreneurship for researchers.
7. Advanced scientific equipment operational and financial planning (FAST).
8. Cross-cultural partnership for researchers (CUPRes).
9. Quality values in research (TActRes).
Advanced scientific equipment
1. Selection, procurement, transportation and installation of specific pieces of equipment.
2. Laboratory preparation and management.
3. Quality assurance, use, service, maintenance and decommissioning of scientific equipment.
4. Sustainable economy and institutional capacity.
The workshop can be arranged as single entities or be “outcome based”. HR&S defines outcome based as an activity that is designed by setting goal, developing progress markers and followed-up on until the goals have been reached. In this context the goals are identified by the participants of the workshop. A sequence of different activities is offered until the goal is reached, such as trainings, workshops, individual coaching, round table discussions, internet searches, access to scientific literature, visits to laboratories, procurement and management of advanced scientific equipment, networking, scientific conferences, international knowledge sharing platforms, and links to research grant givers. The outcome based workshops requires significant input from the researchers and commitment by the scientific institution management.
The FAST programme provides guidance on equipment and laboratory management with the aim to provide researchers with access to functioning advanced scientific equipment. The FAST programme addresses the selection, procurement, transportation, installation, quality assurance, use, service, maintenance and decommissioning of advanced scientific equipment. FAST also offers coaching on the development of a functioning laboratory with a sustainable economy including stakeholder meetings, technician forums and identification of reliable suppliers.