CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSABILITY (CSR)
Private sector with Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) programmes
We reach out to companies with CSR programmes and offer tailor-made programmes.
In the short term, we want to contribute to:
• Increased ability of young companies in SSA to build a business by interacting with the market, verifying and validating offers and business models.
• Increased awareness among young companies to work with sustainability and gender equality as competitive factors in their business.
In the long term, we want to contribute to:
• More companies from SSA that have developed their business acumen, grow and are profitable in national and international competition.
• More companies from SSA whose innovation contributes to creating value for the customer, the society and the environment.
• Sustainable and equal entrepreneurship that strengthens SSA’s competitiveness through innovations that contribute to the sustainability goals in Agenda 2030.
Services offered to companies with CSR programmes
- Seminars, workshops & webinars
We offer tailor-made seminars, workshops & webinars addressing the business niche and interest of our partner. We present areas of our programme that have overlaps with the business niche of our partner. We also present areas for collaboration.
2. Knowledge-sharing on-line sessions
We offer on-line knowledge sharing sessions between the CSR company and HR&S in Sweden and in African countries. We offer cross-cultural learning and seek advice on topics that are the expertise of the company. The topics are often related to “Help entrepreneurs in Sub-Sahara African countries to overcome challenges in growing their businesses.”
- Win-win collaboration
We offer partners to support with products, services or financially, targeting a certain programme that has overlaps with CSR company business niche while also supporting the company´s own agenda, ensuring a win-win situation. We offer workshops where we discuss a win-win collaboration and we offer coaching for the implementation in SSA. Partners can be invited to a series of workshops/webinars where win-win strategies are developed. Companies with CSR programmes shall be promoted in a way that increases their sales.
We research companies carefully prior to approching the company to assess whether they can actually benefit very well from HR&S programme.
CSR is titled to aid an organization’s mission as well as serve as a guide to what the company represents for its consumers. Business ethics is the part of applied ethics that examines ethical principles and moral or ethical problems that can arise in a business environment. ISO 26000 is the recognized international standard for CSR. Public sector organizations (the United Nations for example) adhere to the triple bottom line (TBL). It is widely accepted that CSR adheres to similar principles, but with no formal act of legislation.
Guidance on social responsibility is an international standard providing guidelines for social responsibility (SR, often CSR – corporate social responsibility). It was released by the International Organization for Standardization on 1 November 2010 and its goal is to contribute to global sustainable development by encouraging business and other organizations to practice social responsibility to improve their impacts on their workers, their natural environments and their communities.
- To take on volunteers demands a lot of effort from HR&S. Thus, to do work with volunteers, is in actual practice a significant cost.
- It will be very difficult for these volunteers, who are usually not professionals and usually only remains for a short period of time, to deliver in a way that generate impact and is actually useful for for HR&S.
- This type of collaboration does not generate anything sustainable for the company.