- Monthly meetings with all RISE members jointly.
- The RISEtalks shall contain training as well as knowledge sharing among RISEmembers about their businesses, discussing the total amount of capital available for them to share and the level of paying back.
- The loans is paid only after a a potential RISE member has attended maybe three RISEtalks.
- Join procurement events.
- Develop SfC roadmaps for all RISE members.
- Perform stakeholder analysis and stakeholder management.
- Compile the necessary data about RISE members.
- Support RISE members according to need.
- Performing programme evaluation planning training according to ROPE.
- Perform customer surveys targeting i) research & laboratory management, and ii) social enterprising.
- Collect photos and videos with consent to be used for fundraising campaigns.
- Perform programme surveys with scientific evidence.
- Developing a survey manual.
- Micro survey management; Compiling baseline data. Compiling monitoring data and evidence according to TestE.
- Macro survey management; Compiling baseline data collected from the Programme management. Compiling baseline data collected from the national development plan and related information. Compiling baseline data collected from regional and international documents. Do state-of-the-art research benefitting from the scientific literature.
- Developing an annual Survey report.
Business management, Branding & Public Relations
- All aspects of business management in general.
- Programme public visibility. We benefit from PR management to protect, enhance, and build reputations through the media, social media, and self-produced communications.
- Performing an analysis on how our brand is currently perceived among supporters and customers, then proceed to plan on how the brand should be perceived if it is to achieve its objectives and continue with ensuring that the brand is perceived as planned and secures its objectives.
- Connect the programme with the local community and share awareness about how this programme shall benefit the whole community. Invite the community member and leaders to make suggestions about the local benefit and sustainability of the programme.
- Assess the competition on the market.
- Develops stories for crowd-funding campaigns, with photos and videos.
- Share the link to crowd-funding campaigns on social media reaching out to the local and international community that may have an interest in that specific opportunity.
- Coach programmes on branding and public relations.
Laboratory Technician Adviser
Local advisers related to laboratory operations and accreditation can be assigned to the RISE Centres. The RISE laboratory technician advisers have the below assignments.
- Offer expert advice to RISE members linked to the HR&S Research management and Laboratory management programmes.
- Link HR&S to laboratories in the target country.
- Coordinate the country nodes of the HR&S Network of Technicians.
- Overview and support the Branch team-leader with that contracts are developed and signed between the RISE members and the HR&S country branch.
Compile and store the contracts. Support the team-leader with ensuring that the content of the contract is honoured.
- Overview that the bookkeeping of RISE Centre members is well managed and prepare for efficient auditing by the end of the fiscal year.
- Develop and give advice on internal financial control systems.
- Join when procuring items and ensure good and correct price in accordance with what is presented on the receipt.
- Accompany the survey management officer while performing surveys to collect financial monitoring data.
The auditor is independent from the team of Operations and makes annual auditing of The HR&S local branch as well as each RISE Centre member.
- Accuracy of the bookkeeping according to international standard. Whether there is supporting documentation related to costs.
- Accuracy of that all funds related to the programme are kept at one separate bank account, agreed on by the Client.
- The accuracy of the monthly bank account statements was reconciled.
- Review if the outgoing balance for the previous period is the same as an incoming balance for the current period.
- Adequacy of internal control related to disbursement procedures.
- Follow up whether salary costs debited to the project/programme are recorded throughout the duration of the year in a systemized way.
- Examine whether foreign exchange gains and losses are disclosed.
- Compliance with the applicable tax legislation in regard to taxes and social security fees.
- Follow up whether procurement guidelines have been respected.
- Adequacy of internal control related to disbursement procedures.
- Review whether there is an unbroken chain of audited financial reports.
- Ensure communication around problems encountered.
Awareness raising on how to manage a private economy
Registering a company
- Prior to company registration the programme can operate under the local branch company registration.
- Practical support with going through the business registration procedures.
The training events targets our RISE members and is free of charge for them, as one of the benefits from paying membership fee.
As part of RISEtalks
by Country Branches
- The Country branches may want to develop a joint power point presentation, benefiting from the information available on HR&S website, and new information that they introduce to the team. The RISE operations team PR officer is in charge of the launching of training events.
- Locate a host during the start-up phase and arrange with good internet.
- The arrangements and lessons learned are discussed in the team-leader chat. The reason why it has to be separate is because the different businesses are very different, and we need to understand each entrepreneur as a family member, to be able to help in actual practice.
A whole package of why business accounting is important.
1. Book keeping.
2. Advantages with bookkeeping.
3. Bookkeeping as important part of financial management.
4. Financial management, expenditure prioritization, and business growth.
5. Auditing and management report.
by HR&S Sweden
With examination and certificates for those who passed the exam.
The training events targets our RISE members and is free of charge for them, as one of the benefits from paying membership fee. Then also non-members are invited who pays a fee, this fee is a direct income to the RISE Centres, EUR 20 for non members (EUR 10 for students and non-employed). The focus of the biannual RISE training events are the members, arrangements are made to also serve non-members.
ROPE training by HR&S Sweden
- Annual training for researchers and technicians.
- Annual training for entrepreneurs and sustainable developers.
Thematic training by HR&S expert advisers
- Annual training for researchers on writing a manuscript. All participants have to bring a draft manuscript to work on and the progress marker is submission within two / four months after the training.
- Annual training for researchers on applying for grants. All participants have to bring a draft application to work on and the progress marker is submission within two / four months after the training.